View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 15:26

Forum rules

Be sure you read POSTING RULES.
Use SPOILER tags in order not to ruin the fun!
Code:
[spoiler]This message is hidden in a spoiler tag[/spoiler]

Spoiler: show
This message is hidden in a spoiler tag

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Room 43 
I just needed Private Messages. Go away!
I just needed Private Messages. Go away!

Post Room 43
Have made some progress, have two papers and translated for a word which doesn't seem to help. Also have been below, totally stuck now. Any help?

07 Feb 2013, 18:42
I rule here, obviously.
I rule here, obviously.

Post Re: Room 43
I heard this room is bugged and can't be completed. I'm not sure I have source files to fix this, and even if I had, I'd need to look for them no-bloody-idea where (I switched PCs two times since the release of the last roomz). Sorry for that. I can only encourage you to play TRE and TRAP instead for now.

For those who know me from outskirts of hell: Stashkin == Stachu

I'm gonna confuse you, mislead you, and make your brain suffer! So yeah, PM me. *evil grin*
//remember to have at least 3 posts!

Games: The Roomz: Abandoned Pit | The Roomz: Eclipse | The Roomz | SHI: Prologue
Blogs: The Wicked Mind | W krzywym gierciadle (PL)

07 Feb 2013, 19:56
Profile WWW
I complain and break things. Love my job.
I complain and break things. Love my job.

What do you think about revealing the quickpass for this room so people could at least play room 44 and the final room 45?

08 Feb 2013, 04:09
I rule here, obviously.
I rule here, obviously.

I'm gonna confuse you, mislead you, and make your brain suffer! So yeah, PM me. *evil grin*

Games: The Roomz: Abandoned Pit | The Roomz: Eclipse | The Roomz | SHI: Prologue

08 Feb 2013, 09:14
Profile WWW
I'll be a tester, they said. It's fun, they said.

cams wrote:
What do you think about revealing the quickpass for this room so people could at least play room 44 and the final room 45?

AFAIK it is not only just passing the room.

Spoiler: show
There is underwater secret hidden there

08 Feb 2013, 15:10
I do post sometimes, for the heck of it.

I would assume it was not bugged for everyone? Can we get a confirm here? We'd really like to keep going
Thanks!

19 Feb 2014, 22:54

I don't know about the bug but I decided to take a look at this room again and immediately I'm stuck. I remembered the first keyword but the website it points to is completely different from when I did this room. I also remember a few of the picture meanings but those pictures on that site are completely different from the original ones. So that alone will stop people from getting past the beginning. And for the people who might have gotten stuck past that point, unfortunately I didn't take step by step notes for the original roomz so I can't even skip past this beginning to try to see what the bug is about.

Edit: Well after a little bit of guesswork I was able to move onto the second part of this room :P
Now it has been like 2 years since I did this room but I'm pretty sure things were completely different before. After continuing to play around I was able to get to the door (this was not the way I did it before I'm sure) and I confirmed that the passcode still opens it. But you can tell the screen is bugged and the note says "Info text here" and all of the riddles are missing...

I'd assume it's the same for everyone and no way to get around it. Stashkin doesn't want to give out the password but maybe if Stashkin or someone has screenshots of how the room is supposed to look they can post that? Although that could get messy considering the large number of steps in this room...

TRAP: Key-18/22 : Feather-19/22 : Curses-8/10

20 Feb 2014, 02:22

Thank you Pigeon for your reply, and thank you for checking the room.
I have to say there has been some painful moments along those rooms, and being denied the finish due to bug is frustrating.
I - we (my team as well, I'm sure) - understand Stashkin policy no to give away passwords and not to create precedents. However, the room has been cleared before, obviously. At this point, it doesn't feel inappropriate to be able to get to the next room. If only for puzzling sake. Not matter what it takes. :)

20 Feb 2014, 04:35
I rule here, obviously.
I rule here, obviously.

What can I say... I checked source files for this room, and it seems I have an incomplete version of it. When I did migrate The Roomz to my own server, I probably overwrote the original files with the incomplete ones. Since the old server is gone for good, there's no way to retrieve the original version of this room (and who knows how many more).
This said, and taking into consideration that I actually should provide you SOME sort of a walk-around, I have no choice but give out the password to room 44.

PM me if you'd like to proceed and get the password. This is the only way, and I don't think it will ever change. Sorry.

21 Feb 2014, 00:44
Profile WWW

This would work- I understand the predicament and appreciate your help. And you could -should- be happy we are enjoying the pain :)

21 Feb 2014, 02:52

.:Stashkin:. wrote:
Since the old server is gone for good, there's no way to retrieve the original version of this room

That's sad :cry: The original R43 was really interesting. Although there was an error in the final clue.
Besides, this room had a hidden secret.

21 Feb 2014, 08:10

We shall mourn, then...
meanwhile, can I get the quickpass via pm? Thanks a lot!

21 Feb 2014, 15:11
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]